Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


Where to stay if you are not a local:

Anchor Motel- (ask to apply our corporate rate discount when booking by mentioning our name)

Where are you located?

Our main office is located at 33 Canberra Street, Hemmant. We also have a dedicated earthmoving training site only a few minutes drive away from our main office. If you are required to attend our earthmoving training site, you will be directed there once you have registered at our main office.

How long does each course go for?

Forklift | 2-3 days

Standard 11 (GI) | 2 days

Boom Lift over 11m | 3 days

Earthmoving | 1 day per machine (Competency based)

White Card | 4.5 hours

Standpipe | 3 hours

Working at Heights, Confined Spaces, Gas Test Atmospheres | 1 day total

Do I need a car or truck licence to operate earthmoving and mining machinery?

For most of our earthmoving and mining machinery courses, a licence is not required as this type of machinery is used on private land, therefore licence requirements are decided by each civil or mine organisation.

How do I pay for my course?

A $100 deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your spot. This is not refundable if 48 hours notice of cancellation or postponement is not provided. The remainder of your course can be paid on the day or in advance. Payment plans are also available. We accept the following payment methods:

  • Cash
  • Eftpos
  • Credit Card (VISA or MasterCard)
  • Amex (3% surcharge applies)
  • Direct Deposit - Direct Deposits must be paid 48 hours prior to your course starting

What should I bring on the day?


  • Three Evidence of Identity (EOI) documents such as:
    • Australian Driver's Licence
    • Australian or International Passport
    • Medicare Card
    • Temporary or resident Visa Document
  • Closed footwear
  • Lunch if needed - fridge is available on-site OR there is a Cafe within walk-able distance

Preferred / if required

  • PPE
  • Previous ticket/qualification evidence if a refresher is being completed


What funding is available?

BERT Funding

If you are a member of BERT and meet the BERT Training Fund (BTF) eligibility criteria, you can apply for a training subsidy.  Please note no funds are deducted from your BERT account to cover the cost of your training.  Your BERT account is only used as a reference to determine the amount of funding we will authorise. You can apply online by visiting Submit your application and if successful, you will receive written confirmation of your grant and the amount to be funded.

JETCO Funding

If you are an employee and your employer makes monthly contributions to CIRT and to the JETCO training fund on your behalf, you may be entitled to a subsidy for approved industry based training. Visit the website Jetco or download their brochure using this link - Jetco Brochure

Other Funding

Other funding may be available through your Job Network Provider and other employment services. Please contact your provider or relevant organisation for more information regarding funded training.

How do I replace my Statement of Attainment or Competency Card?

For majority of our courses, please just give us a call at our office. We can email you your Statement of Attainments free of charge. If you need a replacement Competency Card, once we receive a replacement fee of $20, we can then have your card printed. Your card can either be picked up from our Hemmant office or mailed to you. Please note – White card replacements require you to attend our Hemmant office to complete a White Card Replacement Form and provide evidence of identity documents. 

Where can I find more information about the industry?

Civil and Mining Information

Job Seeking Links

How can I get a refund?

Our refund policy can be found at

Back to Top